Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Hotness: Short & Sweet

With summer finally here, it looks like the hem lines are getting higher and higher...as they should! I am loving the bright, bold colors of the dresses I am seeing and the creative designs that go right along with them. Startles are keeping it "Short & Sweet" when it comes to the dresses they are rocking these days.

ALICIA KEYS wears this hot pink DAVID MEESTER dress with SERGIO ROSSI heels. I love the way the dress gathers at the bust and the square/v-neck that it has. Very cute!

Also at the BET awards is CASSIE in a short pink turtleneck dress. Nice color, not so sure if I love the dress.....but chick is working it nevertheless.

I love this structured piece that LAUREN LONDON is wearing and I especially love the color. The "Wizard" dress is by French Connection, and retails for $148

EVA MARCILLE looks gorgeous in this pink dress that is vastly similar to one I bought in May at Forever 21. I love the color on her skin tone and she allows the dress to shine by not packing on the accessories. The "Satin Tube Dress" (pictured below) retails for only $19.80, which I'm sure is cheaper than what the Top Model paid.
NIA LONG looked so fabulous at the BET Awards in this purple number! The plum dress gathers along the sides to create a Grecian draped look that completely works for her! She is beautiful, and I love her with short hair and long hair too! Work it Ms. Long.

Ex-"Girlfriend" JILL MARIE JONES kept it simple with a little black dress, satin pumps and clutch. As bland as the outfit is, she still manages to look amazing, and I really like it. It's the perfect length and the style is hot too....I'm seeing more and more of the pleated puff front on dresses.

Rapper TRINA shows off her curves in this short yellow long sleeve dress at the BET awards last week. Her figure is definitely curvalicious, in a good way. I love this girl, especially after hearing her interview on the Wendy Williams Experience! I see you w/that new Louis too Miss Trina! I will be posting about this soon!

Last but not least is former BET VJ JULISSA. She showed off every part of her tiny frame in this orange ruched dress. Can't that I'm really digging this look, but it sure does fit the criteria: Short and Sweet.
Now after looking at all these, it should give you a pretty good idea of the perfect length. Going much shorter would probably not be such a good idea, if you know what I mean. We don't want to cross the line between classy and trashy, because in the summertime especially, that line is very thin, if not invisible.

No comments: