Monday, January 14, 2008

Bag Lady: What? The RIHANNA Bag?!!!


So I was super excited when I heard that MARC JACOBS' most current muse is one other than Fashionista RIHANNA FENTY! I can't think of a better person, as her style is immaculate and fashion forward. I love practically everything I see her in and she is a perfect example of how to dress to impress without looking like you tried too hard! The new bag is not one that looks "Rihanna-ish" to me, but I guess it'll grow on me. I don't see her in the design of the bag, but MARC's the genius here, so I trust him, lol.

The RIHANNA bag comes in two styles one regular and one metallic. They are fairly large bags and feature short rolled leather handles. Here are the details according to eluxury. The bag has:
* Crackled metallic leather fades into sumptuous suede
* Antiqued silver metal hardware
* Rolled leather handles; 4" drop
* Detachable chain link shoulder strap with interior clasp attachments; 17" drop
* Front flap with twist-lock closure and gusseted patch pocket underneath
* Silver metal logo plaque on one side
* Open top
* Fine textile lining
* Interior zipped pocket
* 15.5"x 11.5"x 7.75"
* Made in Italy


The metallic version of the bag is $2,075 and the regular is $1,650. I won't be grabbing one, as I don't love it. Interesting design for the young pop star as it's inspiration. I wonder if she has to approve of it or has any input? Who knows...anyway, what do you think?

No comments: