Thursday, July 23, 2009

Italian Vogue Does a Black Barbie Issue

Take a look at the special Summer issue of Italian VOGUE featuring black Barbie's. I think this is a very cute spin on things, as it is still highlighting the contribution of African Americans to the fashion world, even from Barbie's.



Editor in Chief Franca Sozzani had this to day about the issue:

Barbie has been an icon for whole generations which is why I really wanted to give a strong sign in step with the times, and dedicate [this] issue to Black Barbie."

In other Barbie news, in celebration of Rocawear's 10th Anniversary, Mattel will release a Rocawear Barbie collection featuring four females and one male. All will be dipped in RW thereads from head to toe. This should be interesting.

Remember Kimora's Barbie? I loved it! So I want to see what these will look like....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the land of the free!
You have the right to free speech as long as you speak English.
--

Anonymous said...

Lady Gaga is probably my biggest guilty pleasure in music. I can't explain why I like her.
And you?