Friday, January 9, 2009

Stephen Sprouse for Louis Vuitton



I'm excited for the return of Stephen Sprouse to Louis Vuitton. We all know his work from the original graffiti collection released nine years ago. 

The glow in the dark 80's punk inspired line will surely be a hit and I want to at least get my hands on one piece! I may just get bold and rock the leggings, lol. Celebs came out to the event celebrating Sprouse and the collection in New York. 

The Soho store has been wrapped in graffiti to promote the collection which I think is so creative and NY!

Sprouse first collaborated with Louis Vuitton in 2000 at the invitation of Jacobs, who got the idea when he saw a monogrammed trunk coated with a layer of black paint at actress-singer Charlotte Gainsbourg's Paris apartment. The collection marked the beginning of a series of Vuitton designs featuring the work of such artists as Takashi Murakami and Richard Prince.

And judging by the success of those limited edition collections, you won't want to let the graffiti dry on this one.    
  Source
I thought Chanel Iman looked very cute and if I was a stick figure, this would definitely be my look. I love mixing hard (leather jacket) and soft (the light pink Louis Vuitton dress). Love it!

No comments: