Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Make-Up Regimen!


I am a make-up addict and I know this. That is the first step right? Acknowledging the problem, lol. I get tons of compliments on my skin, people either love my complexion or my actual skin. I'm not saying this to pat myself on the back or anything, but it's true. I honestly don't know what the bug fuss is, but nevertheless people constantly tell me I have beautiful skin, which I appreciate. However I do have to say that I do owe much of what people see to MAC. MAC, short for Make-Up Art Cosmetics is amazing! If you know make-up, you know MAC. There are the MAC haters out there, but who cares? You know they are the hottest when it comes to make-up. I've put together a list of the products I use, as far as cosmetics go, on an everyday basis (and what I think is a bog part of the reason I get the skin compliments so much). I also do make-up here and there, so I must tell you that application is a big part of it. If you have the best make-up in the world with no idea how to apply it, it's useless. Remember, it's all in the brush! Make sure you have good brushes for application. I've been through maaanny of them; all forms of hair and I've invested in a CHANEL brush set. It was not cheap, but it has lasted me a very long time, and after every wash, they come out looking brand new. OH YEAH! Make sure you clean your brushes often. Bacteria can build up and when you start to get bumps, this could be why! I use the brush cleaner from MAC. Works very well, and if you don't use that please believe regular soap works just as well!

Here's a list of the items I use on a daily basis:
MAC NW45 Liquid Select SPF 15
MAC NW45 Studio Fix (powder)
MAC Select Moisture cover Concealer NW40
MAC Browset
MAC Plush Lash Mascara
MAC Ebony Eye Pencil
MAC Heatherette Collection Lip Glass in "Bonus Beat"

So as you can see a hefty part of my makeup collection comes from MAC but here are a few things I use that aren't from the line.

I am in love with the award winning lip gloss from CARGO in "Waikiki." It goes on smooth and stays on for a while, minus the nasty ring of residue that MAC lip glass does.

I also smooth out any application of foundation with this handy makeup tool called the "Pink Egg," make-up sponge by Beauty Blender. It is contoured and made to use specifically for an even finish, and it deals with the blending problem I know a lot of us have.

And as far as other forms of skin care...it's really very simple: Oil of Olay Daily Facials and Ponds Dry Skin cream after as a moisturizer.

So there it is! My little secret! But, sssshhh! Don't tell anyone!

1 comment:

Wes said...

I just started getting into makeup this week. I did a post on Wedn. about my MAC makeover experience and it really got me sold. I went out Macys yesterday and spent a really pretty penny on a ton of MAC products... Now I just need to practice!