Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bookworm: "Men Cry in the Dark"

While I was on vacation in Cabo, I read a number of books (3 to be exact) and I was very pleased with one in particular. Though all were good reads, this one stood out to me. I bought it greatly due to the fact that it is written by MICHAEL BAISDEN, who happens to be one of my favorite radio and talk show hosts, and not one of my favorite authors too! MEN CRY IN THE DARK is about four male childhood friends who are now in their early 30's and the relationships that are either in, entering or exiting. It has a really powerful message which I took to be: Ladies, respect yourself and stand up for yourself. Do not let how much you love a man determine and influence your choices for the worst. It is very entertaining, humorous, and definitely a page-turner. I did not want to put it down! Oddly enough when I got back I did a little research and it seems that a movie based on the book was made back in 2003. It stars one of my all time favorite actors ALLEN PAYNEE, current star of Tyler Perry's "House of Payne." I think I have to order it off of Amazon.com,but somehow I'm going to see this film! I highly recommend reading the book though, movies rarely do a book justice. Happy Reading!

No comments: