Friday, January 25, 2008

Farewell VALENTINO!! *sad face*


So sad to say it but......VALENTINO GARAVANI is officially retired! :( The designer did his very last Ready to Wear show yesterday in Paris. He announced his retirement, but I thought he was going to pull a JAY Z, or at least that's what I was hoping for. I love his designs, but at 75 years old, and 50 years of service with his company, GARAVANI deserves a break! He looks so amazing for his age! The very talented ALLESANDRA FACCINETTI, formerly of GUCCI will be replacing him, or should I say taking over his position because no one can replace him! He is one of the very few people who truly know couture, it's sad to see him go, but I'm sure FACCINETTI will do a wonderful job. Check out the pieces from the show below! They're beautiful! Farewell VALENTINO! Au revoir.....Adieu!!

No comments: