Monday, November 12, 2007

In My Mind: Be Thankful


I was just thinking and I would like to touch on the subject of being thankful....especially since the National Holiday of Thanksgiving is vastly approaching. Time flies, it feels like last Thanksgiving was yesterday! Sheesh! I think we all take so many things for granted and it is only natural, however stopping periodically to "smell the roses" and realize just how thankful we all are is essential to our well being. Moving too quickly and "going non-stop" can be detrimental to our livelihood, so I emphasize making time to take time. This may sound a little weird at first, but when you think about it it all makes sense. We need to take time out of our busy everyday schedules in order to make time to "take time" meaning we need a moment to breathe and take in life. Relax, and take it easy. No matter if things are not going your way and you may be having the worst day ever; your peace of mind is what is most important. So know that whatever the problem may be for the day, whatever issues may arise, be thankful to have those issues, be thankful that you are even alive to experience these things. As my mother often tells me: "It could always be worse." In the past year I have learned so much about myself and I am very pleased to say I like me, and I love me....those are two different things. I like who I am, and who I am growing to be everyday, and I also Love myself. When YOU love YOU...that's when life really begins. That is when you can learn to properly love others and learn to become the person you aspire to be breaking all the barriers you once thought existed. In O Magazine earlier in the year, Oprah wrote something that really hit home and is very relative to this. Here it is:

"It makes no difference how many peaks you reach if there was no
pleasure in the climb. I've been so focused on getting to the next
level, I haven't enjoyed enough of the view from where I am. It's
because you live life in the fast lane, you end up speeding through,
just moving to the next thing, doing more and filling your schedule
until there's no time even to think about what you're doing. As we are
all blessed to witness another Fall season here on Planet Earth, I hope
you're reading these words and thinking about your own life on
adrenaline, and about how you, too, can manage with more attention to
things that Matter."


With that said...take some time and just: RELAX!

No comments: