Friday, October 31, 2008

My Halloween Costume!

This year I'm going to be BETTY RUBBLE from The Flintstones for Halloween. It was a very last minute and this is the first year I made my own costume! Usually I go to the costume shops and buy the already put together ensemble, but money is tight so I'm getting creative! Initially I went to Micheal's with my BFF to help her put together her Pebbles Flinstone outfit and ended up leaving with the materials to make my Betty Rubble costume.

betty rubble by fashionistadiva220
I've never done this before, but it was so much fun, and I'm proud of the outcome! I bought 2 blue t-shirts and a large white shell charm for a necklace. I came home and started cutting! I cut the edges jagged to create the "Flinstone effect" and used the iron on fusion netting to stick the pieces together. I sewed the top part to close up top part of the dress. I had a long wig from last year when I was a hippie so I cut that short, and made a bow with the scraps from the t-shirt and stuck a bow in the middle. This is going to be good! I will take pictures so you can see the outcome!

No comments: