Thursday, September 18, 2008

Motion Picture Magic: "The Express"


Ok, I am HIGHLY recommending this movie to everyone! I got to see it on a sneak screening last night and it was absolutely amazing. It has the same spirit as Remember the Titans, but in my opinion is so much better --- and I LOVE that movie! So that's big coming from me. Definitely a tear-jerker, but so worth the tears! ROB BROWN, a very underestimated actor, portrays ERNIE DAVIS, the first African American to win the prestigious Heisman Trophy Award.

Brown first caught my attention opposite Sean Connery in Finding Forrester, as a teen writing prodigy, and then in Coach Carter. He is so talented and this movie only left me wanting more form the young actor. The 24 year old is no stranger tot he game, as he played on his own colleges' football team, Amherst University. I am excited to see what he will be cast in next after this extraordinary display of talent. Dennis Quaid also does an amazing job as Davis' coach in the film

I don't want to give too much away about the movie but what I will say is that I am shocked the story hasn't been told before. However, I am glad that writer Charles Leavitt and Robert Gallagher and director Gary Fleder finally made it happen! This is definitely a must-see!

IN THEATRES OCTOBER 10TH PLEASE GO SEE IT!

1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

I saw a screening last week... I love football... but I too was excited about seeing Rob Brown... his scrumptulously chocolate self... I loved the movie.... made me wonder though... if he hadn't won the heisman... would the story have ever been told... i have never heard of ernie davis before... and even if he hadn't won it was still a story that needed to be told...