Wednesday, January 2, 2008

WHO WORE WHAT: New Year's Best Dressed!

So as 2008 rung in, people were all over the country attending various parties, concerts, etc. One thing was for sure, everyone was out to look their best as the new year began. Some of th outfits were to die for while other....well simply made you want to die, lol. Here are a few of the people that I thought looked very cute while out and about this New Year weekend.

A girl who has slowly been climbing up the fashionista ladder with me is SOLANGE KNOWLES. She just about gets it every time, and what I love about her is that she is not afraid to take a chance! She does what she thinks is hot and will look good, even it if it isn't always appealing to me, I have to give her her props for doing what she does. She was out about in VEGAS (like everyone else) for the New Year and she pulled off two very stylish looks. Fist she wore a yellow number to her brother in law JAY'Z's show on Saturday night. I love the blouse and she belted it to add some shape to the look. She threw on these stockings with designs in the, something I didn't think could be done anymore, and it works. The VALENTINO bag and the square toe shoes bring the whole thing together! She took it up another notch on New Years Eve, going for more nude colors, and the ruffled look that has been recently popularized. The sequins on the upper part of the dress adds some "pizzaz" and the YSL Tribute pump is what truly takes the cake. I don't know about the black bag, but with such a beautiful dress and shoe selection, one hardly notices it.

Another your starlet on the rise, VANESSA SIMMONS also attending JAY Z's 40/40 Club opening, looked very cute in this ruffled black kneel length dress. It's so fun and flirty, and it looks amazing on her. I love the material and how it photographs! The one shoulder and the bow add plenty of character to this dress, along wiyh the fabulous GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI peep toe heels she chose for the night! Loves it!

One of my fav people when it comes to fashion, KELIS, stepped out in the bright yellow dress. reminiscent of KNOWLES' dress pictured above. She always takes things to the next level, and I absolutely love the contrast with of black feathers on the hip of the dress. She looks goos in just about anything, but I am really loving how she made the look "funky" with the black motorcycle glove on her right hand. She is one of a kind!

Next, a woman whose claim to fame is hosting for BET, ALESHA RENEE, wore a very cute silver satin dress and I especially love the look because of the accessories. Her silver and white square FENDI bag and stiletto sandals did it for me. It's simple, yet stylish.

Another cute look comes from none other than Ms. MIMI, better known as MARIAH CAREY. Granted, it's her typical "short dress" look, but there's something about this one. I think she looks classy, but still sexy in this white strapless, form fitting dress. The design of the dress is classy, with the golden embellishments, and the the strappy sandals set it off. Me likey!

My pick for honorable mention is BEYONCE, because she always looks fabulous and New Years was no different. It didn't make me gasp with excitement, or surprise me in any way, but I still liked it. It's the classic B, shiny gowns, fur and big hair. Loves it!

No comments: